1. What happens when a product fails to meet test requirements?
If a product fails to meet test requirements, the participant will be required to adjust the performances not only for the specific product but also all similar products, or to withdraw the relevant products from the market.
2. Manufacturing audit is not included in all programs. Why ?
Mass production products coming from ISO 9001 manufacturing plants may not need to be audited again. 'Certify All' requirements, as well as pre-declaration of performance, provide proper rules to process a high quality product selection for test A random test point procedure and a multiple test point protocol already deliver very stringent certification rules to respect, hence adding a plant audit will only deliver a marginal improvement to those certification programs.
3. Testing conditions are not installation conditions. Where is the value ?
- Installation and operating conditions are key criteria to define technical choice, select product technology and focus on a limited number of alternatives, but it is also important to consider that :
- Benchmarking product performances is only possible in leveled playing field conditions
- Third party performance certification enables fair comparison since testing conditions are the same
- Because site conditions vary and are impossible to duplicate they cannot deliver reliable and comparable results. The value of standard testing conditions is that they are being strictly defined to deliver comparable test conditions, and draw robust conclusions.
- Installation conditions, unique to each project, must be used to decide on the technology, whilst only certified performance data can be considered when it comes to comparison.
This is a 2 step process - each one adding a different value.
4. Failing to test really prevents from being certified ?
New participant must pass all the tests to be certified
- Failure to tests generates additional tests and/or re-rating of performance according to test results. Performance data are therefore correct.
- Campaign failure rate is monitored for each participant. Underperformance can lead to additional product sampling, and up to a certificate suspension for a year.
5. How are tests carried out ?
All tests are carried out according to a single protocol.
The test protocols are defined in the certification documentation. The protocol is used by laboratories, for all tests, and applies to all manufacturers without exception.
6. What happens when a test is not compliant ?
When a test is not compliant the manufacturer is asked to modify the data, but not only. He is also asked to recatalog the products of the same family, or even from the entire range.
A penalty test can be required
Finally, a suspension can be decided in case of repeated non-compliances,
7. Is a certification body allowed to perform consultancy ?
As an ISO 17065 accredited body, Eurovent Certita Certification is not allowed to perform any consultancy activity. Accreditation is a guaranty of impartiality recognized internationally (IAF/EA agreements).
IN THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL FIND2 answers
1. I want my products to be certified...
Send you request to email@example.com or fill in the form from our website.
2. I need The Eurovent Certification Mark or Energy Efficiency label in the right format
Please go to the 'Certification program' section where you can find all relevant information.
IN THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL FIND2 answers
1. Can Eurovent data be contested?
Participants may challenge certified ratings of competitors' products and request a verification test.
2. Can units running with "HCFC" be certified when sold outside of Europe?
Rules are defined for units sold in Europe. Only those that can be certified in Europe can use the Eurovent certification outside of Europe.
IN THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL FIND4 answers
1. How to know if a product is certified?
2. How long is the Eurovent Certification valid ?
The certificate is granted for a given period of time, from 1 to 3 years depending on the product. Should a manufacturer fail to meet the certification requirements, the certification is suspended immediately, and the products withdrawn from our website.
3. I have a problem with the stove I bought in a retail shop
You should contact the after sale service of the retailer, or contact the manufacturer.
4. Can I really compare products ?
Certified performances are measurable.
The units of measures to be used are dictated by the certification documentation, and apply to all products.
Once defined, these units must be used in all documentations (catalog, website, product information etc..)
Published in the same unit, certified data are comparable, regardless of the couuntry where the product is marketed.