This Certification Programme applies to air-to-air rooftops and water-to-air rooftops as defined in section III.1 of RS 6/C/007-2019 for Rooftops, rated up to 200 kW in cooling capacity as defined in EN 14511:2018.
The following features are not certified:
- gas burners,
- additionnal internal coil,
- heat recovery (plate, wheels, thermodynamic systems),
- exhaust fans.
- split rooftop
The programme is splitted into three sub-programmes:
- One mandatory sub-programme: Air-to-air units Up to 100 kW
- Two optional sub-programmes:
- Air-to-air units from 100 kW to 200 kW
- Water-to-air units up to 200 kW
Minimum and maximum external static pressure requirements are defined in standard EN 14511-3:2018.
A rooftop unit is defined by the following features:
- Air-to-air rooftop: Units covered by ErP regulation No 2016/2281 will entry into force on 01/01/2018 and defined as a: Rooftop air conditioner or Rooftop heat pump
- Water-to-air rooftop: Water-to-air heat pump/air conditioner (defined and covered by the regulation), driven by an electric compressor, of which the evaporateur, compressor and condenser are integrated into a single package.
Features according definitions from ErP regulation:
- Single packaged unit assembled in factory
- Common single frame
- Direct expansion system
- For Air-to-air unit, the outdoor side heat exchanger (condenser / evaporator) allows heat transfer with 100% outdoor (ambient) air.
- Designed to operate permanently outdoor
- The rooftop is designed to permanently handle 100% recycled air with the possibility of mixing partly the fresh air.
- The outdoor fan from an air-to-air rooftop could be ducted but for the certification tests, the unit must be not ducted.
- Rooftops could be equiped with 2 / 3 or 4 dampers depending on heat recovery system included or not.
- SEER freecooling
These types of rooftops shall be tested :
- For the indoor heat exchanger with mixed air equal to 100% extract air and,
- For the ‘ outdoor ‘ heat exchanger with 100% outdoor air.
- Other parameters in accordance with the standards EN 14511:2018 and EN 14825:2016.
Basic models groups (BMG)
A Basic Model Groups (BMG) is a list of Rooftops models, part of a common commercial range sharing the same overall dimensions:
- Height (mm)
- Width (mm)
- Length (mm)
- With the same function and application (For instance, reversible rooftops and cooling only rooftops are in two separate Basic Model Groups).
- With similar components (fans, coils, compressors and motors).
Measured and rated data
a. Definitions in accordance with EN 14511
The definitions of the following items, used in this RS, are given in EN 14511:2018.
- Cooling Capacity (Pc)
- Heating Capacity (Ph)
- Total Power Input (Pe(c) or Pe(h))
- EER, COP
b. Definitions in accordance with EN 14825
The definitions of the following items, used in this RS, are given in EN 14825:2016.
- Part Load ratio
- Part Load conditions
The following performance characteristics shall be certified and verified by tests:
a) Total Cooling Capacity
b) Heating Capacity
e) Eurovent Energy Efficiency class (cooling and heating)
f) Condenser water pressure drop (only for water cooled rooftops)
g) External static pressure (ESP)
h) Nominal airflow rate (Qv)
i) A-weighted Sound Power Level outside
j) A-weighted Sound Power Level in supply duct
k) Seasonal Efficiency in Cooling (SEER & ηsc)
l) Seasonal Efficiency in Heating (SCOP & ηsh)
Ver artículos relacionados