Heat exchangers are components of refrigeration systems.
Three types of heat exchangers can be certified:
- Air Evaporators for Refrigeration (Dx Air Coolers)
They are mainly intended for the equipment of cold rooms. The outside air is cooled by the refrigerant which evaporates and is directed to the cold room. The outlet air temperature can be very low (about -30 °C).
- Air Condensers for Refrigeration (Air Cooled Condensers)
They are mainly installed in chilled water production units. They allow the refrigerant to move from the "gaseous" state to the "liquid" state by cooling it by forced air convection. These devices are designed to be installed outdoors.
- Liquid Coolers or Air coolers (Dry Coolers)
They allow to cool water used in a closed circuit by forced air convection. Air coolers can be used to cool the water in the water condensers of chilled water production units or for free cooling applications. The air cooler is suitable for high cooling capacities. These devices are designed to be installed outdoors.
Several refrigerants can be used for Air Evaporators and Condensers (R404A, R134a, R507A, R407A, etc.).
The water used in the Air Coolers may contain glycol in different proportions.
Benefits of a heat exchanger
Air Evaporators, Air Condensers and Air Coolers, although with different functions, have a common appearance, design and advantage. These are modular systems that can be easily transported, installed and adapted to the needs. The number of modules in a system is determined at the time of sizing. It can be high, offering a large number of possible solutions.
- The choice of refrigerants (Air Evaporators and Air Condensers)
Air Evaporators and Air Condensers can be used with various refrigerants as needed. Projects to consider the use of natural refrigerants with low GWP indices such as carbon dioxide CO2 or ammonia NH3 are in progress.
- Health and economic benefits (Air Coolers)
Air Coolers do not present any health risk such as Legionella because they operate in a closed water circuit. They also allow energy savings by providing free cooling.
Compare to make the right choice
It is very easy to make the right choice: just compare the products. But when product performance is not certified, this becomes impossible.
Certification makes it possible to compare objectively.
- The product performance is evaluated according to the same criteria, and the results are expressed in the same unit of measurement, regardless of the country where the products are manufactured or marketed.
- A certified product has its performance verified by an impartial, independent and competent accredited body.
- Certified products comply with standards.
- A product whose performance is certified will work according to the specifications stated by the manufacturer.
The performances we certify
For forced convection air coolers for refrigeration, the following characteristics are certified:
- Cooling power
- Power absorbed by the fan
- Air flow
- Loss of liquid charge (for liquids only)